October 3, 2013

Fuel for Life


Meet Mark Caird, a man with a soft spot for vintage bikes. He is a real character I met in a back lane in Minneapolis, MN mid September. He lured me into his garage workshop and promptly gave me a cold one. I cracked it, guzzled appreciatively and asked if I could shoot his motorbike portrait. He kindly obliged and set himself up for his portrait with his beloved 70's Shovelhead. I love when subjects take control and all I have to do is frame up the magic. When I was through with the flash, he searched high and low for a sharpie so he could sign the back of that metal sign pictured in the last shot just for me. I gave him my last Get Our Guns Go to the Mountain Take Over the State print for a fair trade. We shook on our newfound friendship, drank more beer and Mark repeated "hair of the dog Meg, hair of the dog" as I took in the details of his space. So many black shades to choose from.

It was not yet ten in the morning.

Hair of the dog.
Fuel for life.

Amen bud.

1 comment:

  1. you sure have a way of getting into people's hearts, meg

    ReplyDelete